Short and Long-Term Impacts of COVID-19
Are leading services providers changing their approach to Service Delivery & Technology Utilization?
We deeply appreciate the time invested from all parties involved, as well as the leadership insights and collaboration from our MC, Moderator and Panel during BETA’s most recent webinar. Special thank you to the following participants in this special event:
• Colette Temmink, MC, President, Property Services, EDEN
• Co-Chair BETA and IFMA Global Board Member [top right]
• Ingrid Fenn, MODERATOR, President and CEO, SIREAS, LLC [top left]
• Bill Knightly, CEO Global Occupier Services, Cushman & Wakefield [top center]
• Scott Nelson, CEO, Occupier Services, Global at Colliers International [bottom center]
• Sanjay Rishi, Chief Executive Officer Corporate Solutions, JLL Americas [bottom left]
• Chandra Dhandapani, Chief Administrative Officer, CBRE [bottom right]
The participation for this event was truly global with more than 1,400 registered members and attendees from over 25 countries including the US, UK, India, Netherlands, Mexico, Canada, Luxembourg, Germany, Nigeria, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Belgium, Brazil, Egypt, Columbia, Hungary, Philippines, Malaysia, West Africa, France, Costa Rica, Dubai and Thailand
Colette Temmink opened the session by thanking the participants, briefly sharing a little about the origins of BETA which is aligned with the IT Community of IFMA. “The goal is to help innovators across technology and the built environment come together to design what tomorrow will look like for the places we live, work and play.”
Before turning over the session to Ingrid Fenn to moderate, Colette recognized the unsung heroes during the COVID-19 pandemic: those on the frontlines from our world of facilities who are working overtime keeping our buildings safe for us all.
Ingrid is a consummate professional and guided the discussion masterfully. The sense of collaboration and cooperation was evident during the panelist leader introductions.
It seems appropriate to share the questions posed to the panelists in the hope that you can find time to watch the recorded session and hear for yourself the answers and insights. The recording is enabled with full video, includes the stream of comments and questions from the audience and has the functionality to submit questions that will be routed and responded to. Please Click Here to watch this video on-demand.
• Are you anticipating an acceleration of digital transformation in your organization, your client’s organization or both?
• What was one thing you learned about your organization from COVID-19 that surprised you?
• What changes do you see for how real estate services are delivered for transactions, project management or facilities management in the future?
• Why do you personally care about embedding inclusion and belonging in your culture?
• Share one technology advancement that was developed during COVID that you anticipate remains after a vaccine?
• What organizational goal do you have post-COVID?
• Any career advice for the next generation of CRE and FM leaders?
• Name one thing you are optimistic about regarding the future of the FM industry?
Some of the key insights from the discussion that resonated included:
“We have been forced to adopt new ways to work due to COVID and given that it has accelerated innovations.” – Scott Nelson
“We are reimagining the products and services using a combination of technology and processes: people and the power of data.” – Chandra Dhandapani
“Utilizing automation, we are finding ways to lower the cost of transactions.” – Chandra Dhandapani
“We have learned a lot over the last four months and if I had to pick two words to describe the driver behind our combined teams, they would be resilience and empathy.” – Sanjay Rishi
“This is a health crisis above all, and I think it is so powerful that the competitors are here together today, collaborating and sharing best practices.” – Bill Knightly
“I think we are moving into a position to be in coopetition vs competition working together on behalf of our clients” – Scott Nelson
“I am optimistic about the demand for our services, I think the future is as bright as it has ever been. I actually think there is more opportunity now.” – Scott Nelson
“With the increased focus on employee health and safety, our workplaces will become better than they have ever been before, and we have all learned to work virtually. The reduction of travel will help the environment and give us a chance for a more sustainable future.” – Chandra Dhandapani
“I think there are so many emerging dimensions. It used to be that health and wellness were nice to have. It is now an essential part of the workplace experience. Also, given the focus on digital transformation, we are accelerating at a remarkable pace.” – Sanjay Rishi
“I think it is the most exciting time to be a participant in this industry, providing help through all of this to our global community.” – Bill Knightly
There was honestly not enough time to address all of the questions from the audience. However, given the level of expertise within our global community, we are sharing some of them in the hopes that others can offer their expertise.
In closing, we wanted to share a closing comment from one of our global participants.
“What a fantastic panel… It is great to see all the top firms collaborating. Excellent discussion and thought-provoking dialogue. Ingrid, thanks for facilitating!!!”
Again, the recording is enabled with full video, plus the stream of comments/questions from the audience and has the functionality to submit questions which will be routed and responded to. Please Click Here to watch.